SBGSA Fall 2022 LATE Registration
: 8U is FULL
: 10U is FULL
: 14/16U is FULL
If you would like to get on a wait list, please email us at email@example.com
with daughter’s name and Date of Birth and your cell # or text/call 281-904-5109.
: Registration is first come first serve. Each team can hold 12-13 girls. If we don’t have enough to form a complete team for an age group, we will let you know by Aug 16. This does not mean you should not register as teams are continually being added as more girls register.
Fall 2022 LATE
Ends Friday Aug 26
Sibling discount of $5 is applied at check out.
• PLEASE READ
Registration for Fall Notes section below before proceeding.
• No tryouts will take place
• Practices are during the week (days and times decided by coach of each team)
• Games are on the following Saturdays: Sept 17, Oct 1, Oct 15, Oct 29
• Teams will play 2 games on these dates
• Games played at the following locations: Deer Park, Deepwater, LaPorte, Pasadena, South Belt, or S. Houston
Please note that registration includes the mandatory acknowledgement of the following:
• Parent Code of Conduct
SBGSA Registration for Fall 2022 Notes
*****PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE CONTINUING*****
You are purchasing a registration for your daughter. If you are registering a child, you should be notified that you have an item in your shopping cart once you click SUBMIT or you may be taken directly to the payment page.
AT THE Payment Summary page, click the GREEN CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL button to make your payment. DO NOT click on the PAYPAL logo area as it will not complete your payment. If needed, go to your shopping cart to complete your purchase and registration. If after you paid you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**** REGARDLESS, please take a screenshot of your confirmation or print it for your records. ****
IF YOU DO NOT GET A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE, YOU MOST LIKELY DID NOT COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
To get the SIBLING DISCOUNT, you MUST REGISTER ALL SIBLINGS DURING THE SAME SESSION. Once you fill out the form for your first child, click the SUBMIT & COMPLETE ANOTHER FORM button.
Age Divisions (updated JAN 13, 2022)
Here are date of births for each age division:
• 6U – (DOB 2016-2018)
• 8U – (DOB 2014-2015)
• 10U – (DOB 2012-2013)
• 12U – (DOB 2010-2011)
• 14/16U – (DOB 2006-2009)
SBGSA Registration Guidelines
1. REGISTRATON AVAILABILITY:
• Open registration spots are based on the number of coaches per age division. For older age divisions (10U and above) we also require a pitcher to be on a team before a team is formed. If you would like to coach, please contact us at 281-904-5109 or email@example.com.
• Registering online is the preferred choice. Any in-person registrations may be conducted toward the end of the registration period when availability is limited.
• SBGSA will NOT make any promises or guarantees that your child will be assigned to a certain coach or team or with another non-sibling player.
• Once an age division is at capacity the option to register your child will not be available online UNTIL we get another coach and/or pitchers. Contact us if you would like to be added to the wait list.
• SBGSA will NOT issue refunds after uniforms are ordered.
IMPORTANT: Please review jersey sizes as no changes can be made after you have completed registration.
• Registration Fees may be partially REFUNDED (minus expenses) should the season be canceled by SBGSA due to circumstances outside of our control. This partial refund will be applied to the 2023 spring season.
• All pitchers in the following in 10U, 12U and 14/16U must provide the # of seasons of pitching experience and if applicable, name of pitching coach on the registration form.
• These age divisions must have at least one REGISTERED primary pitcher.
4. TRYOUTS: (Spring Only)
• All registered players must attend tryouts on their designated day/time.
• If you are unable to attend tryouts, the player will be placed in the draft as a blind pick.
• SBGSA makes no guarantees that canceled games will be made up.
• SBGSA home games may be played at neighboring fields.
• Due to liability issues, SBGSA chooses no longer to accept “Never Played” or “Players with less than 1 year Softball Experience” in the 14/16U age division. No exceptions. If you have questions regarding this, please contact us at 281-904-5109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SBGSA does NOT retain birth certificates from previous seasons.
• Coaching incentive applies to head coach only and their daughter(s) living in the same household. Reimbursement is only done after a background check has been paid for and approved by SBGSA. Contact us at 281-904-5109 or email@example.com if you have any questions on this.
Parent Code of Conduct
SBGSA strongly believes the essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Good Citizenship. As a parent or guardian of a player in SBGSA, your actions reflect not only on you, but your child, her team, and SBGSA.
As a parent/guardian with SBGSA, you agree to abide by the following rules and guidelines:
I agree to:
• Be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and demonstrate positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or event.
• Encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence. I will demand that my child treat all players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect. Failure to do so may result in the removal of the player from the game/practice for a duration of time.
• Maintain self-control at games, practices, and all league-related events.
• Support the coaches and allow them to do their job by not coaching my child or other players during games and practices. They will not openly question or confront coaches before, during or after games or practices. They will take the time to speak with the coaches about any concerns calmly, privately and at an agreed upon time and place.
• Promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I have for my child or her team to win.
• Inform the coach of any physical disability, illness or injury that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others, including a COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure to COVID-19.
• Notify the coach or coach representative, in a timely manner, if my child is unable to attend games or practices.
• Not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, parent or board member such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures.
• Not engage in any language or actions with the intent to hurt, intimidate or humiliate any player, coach, official or spectator. These acts shall be considered harassment and will result in the immediate removal from the practice, game or event.
• Not post on any social media site (including on team communication tools such as TeamSnap, GroupMe, etc.) with the intent to hurt, intimidate or humiliate any player, coach, official, board member or parent. Posting negative, demeaning or derogatory comments will not be tolerated. These acts shall be considered harassment and may result in the immediate removal from SBGSA.
• Never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a game at any practice, game or event related to SBGSA league play.
• Not complain or become confrontational about penalties or calls made by the officials and will respect the umpires and their decisions at all times. Failure to comply will result in removal of the parent/guardian/guest from the fields/park by an official or board member on duty for the duration of the game or longer.
• Not force my child to participate in softball.
Failure to comply with the Parent Code of Conduct may result in the following but not limited to:
• Immediate removal of parent/guest/guardian/player from the game or practice by a board or league official.
• Suspension of parent/guest/guardian/player from participation or attendance from an unknown number of home games by a board or league official. May also be removed form other parks.
• Complete withdrawal from the season pending board review.
Participants, parents, family and spectators engaging in softball and softball-related activities do so with the knowledge of the risk and potential exposure to COVID-19 and any of its variants and agree to accept any and all inherent health risks to themselves and their children.
The following guidelines will be in place for the 2022 season for our members:
• Members must keep themselves and players home if they or anyone in the household shows any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with a COVID-19 infected person within 14-days of a scheduled practice, game or league-related event.
• Members must notify coaches before any practice, game or league-related event if any players have and pre-existing health conditions.
• Each player will be asked to carry a personal size container of hand sanitizer in their sports bags.
• No parents will be allowed on the fields.
• All players must use their own bat, helmet, glove, batting gloves, catcher’s gear and face masks. No sharing will be allowed at any time.
• No sharing of drinks or foods is allowed.
• Coaches are asked to use text or communication apps, such as GroupMe, to notify parents of any new safety practices.
SBGSA is located at El Franco Lee park which is part of Harris County Precinct 1 park system. The league will work with Harris County Parks Precinct 1 to implement the following:
• Provide access to bathrooms with soap.
• Work with county to ensure bathrooms are sanitized on a regular schedule.